Before you start
Master of Business Administration
Program code: UOA-MBAHM
Applying for an online program with the University of Adelaide is a quick and easy process. Check out the steps below to learn more or get started now by creating an account.
Step 1 – Check your eligibility
Co be eligible for online study the MBA (Health Management), you need to meet one of the following requirements:
- A completed undergraduate bachelor degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- No degree, completed GMAT with a score of >500 and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- A complete University of Adelaide Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
All students must meet English language requirements.
If you do not meet the above entry requirements, you may be eligible to study our Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
Step 2 - Create an account and apply
- Confirm the application close date of the next teaching period by checking the Important Dates page to avoid missing out.
- Create an account via the University of Adelaide Application Portal.
- Complete application form and upload supporting documents which include:
- valid photo ID (passport or driver's licence)
- proof of citizenship / permanent residency
- transcripts from your complete bachelor's degree, diploma or certificate (if applicable)
- change of name documents if applicable (e.g marriage certificate)
- English language requirements (if you are an international applicant).
Don’t worry if you do not have all of the required documents yet. You can still create an account and return at a later date to complete your application.
Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll be hearing from our admissions team who will confirm the outcome of your application.
Step 3 - Write your ‘description of duties’
You will need to include a 250-word (maximum) statement about your relevant work experience in the Employment History section of the application portal.
This description helps us assess whether you meet the ‘minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience’ entry requirement. We define ‘relevant work experience’ as full-time leadership and management experience using:
- leadership skills
- critical thinking
- negotiation skills
- analysis skills for complex scenarios.
Please include a detailed description of your duties and an explanation on how these are relevant to the above skills.
You will also need to include the number of employees in your current organisation and the number of staff reporting to you (both direct reports and those under your direct reports).
Please note: The following documents cannot be used to demonstrate your ‘relevant work experience’:
- employer references
- duty statements
- performance appraisal reports
- group certificates
- superannuation benefits statements.
Step 4 - Enrol
If your application is successful, you will then need to enrol in preparation for the start of the teaching period. You’ll need to register for a student ID and activate your student email address. The EnrolMe System will then guide you through the process of enrolling into your first course.
When do I apply for FEE-HELP?
After you have been offered a place in a University of Adelaide program, you will be able to apply for a HELP loan as a part of the enrolment process.
I’m unsure if I meet the entry requirements
The team at the University of Adelaide are more than happy to discuss your unique academic and professional history to help identify whether you meet one of the various ways to meet the Master of Business Administration (Health Management) entry requirements. Phone: 1300 293 830 (Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM ACST/ADST). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I want someone to walk me through my application
Book a consultation with one of our enrolment advisors here who will more than happy to assist you.
I don’t have my academic transcript yet
If you don’t have all of the required documents yet you can still create an account and come back later to complete your application. Academic transcripts can be ordered from the institution you completed your bachelor's degree, diploma or certificate. Just make sure to submit all the required documents before the close of application date.
Still have a question? Contact our online admissions team now
If you have any questions about your eligibility or want to know more details about the program, contact the Master of Business Administration (Health Management) admissions team either on:
Phone: 1300 293 830 (Monday to Friday, 8:30AM –5PM ACST/ADST).
Not ready to apply yet? Register for our webinar