How to upgrade your award from Graduate Diploma in Data Science to Master of Data Science
The University of Adelaide is excited to announce the launch of the Master of Data Science (Applied). The masters program consists of the same courses from graduate diploma plus seven brand new courses including big data analysis, machine learning, cybersecurity and an industry research project. If you wish to upgrade your award to the masters program, please follow the below steps:
STEP 1: Confirm your intention to upgrade your award via email
Send email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject: Request for award upgrade, your name, a number
- A Number:
- Current program: Graduate Diploma in Data Science (Applied)
- Intended program: Master of Data Science (Applied)
- Intended commencement online teaching period:
- Confirm phone number:
- Confirm email address:
- Confirm postal address:
STEP 2: Wait for an offer letter
You will receive the outcome of your application in up to seven business days.
STEP 3: Update your enrolment
- You will then need to log onto Access Adelaide. You should see both GDip Data Science and M.Data Science active on the Access Adelaide homepage.
- Under Students, go to Enrolment and unenrol from any future Graduate Diploma in Data Science courses. Select each course and click Drop under the Action menu. Be sure not to drop the course you are currently studying.
- Now you can then enrol into the Master of Data Science courses that are open. Please refer to the Course Schedule if you need to check which course are coming up.
- Now select each teaching period you wish to enrol into. This time, when you select Add under Action, you will need to select Master of Data Science.
STEP 4: Discontinue Graduate Diploma in Data Science (Applied)
- Once you’ve complete steps 2 and 3, you can formally discontinue your Graduate Diploma award. Please note that you will need to wait until you have received your final grade for your current course before you can discontinue.
- You need to apply by completing this form.
Congratulations - you’re now a Master of Data Science (Applied) student!